Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas present reading

I had my Christmas present opening and was thrilled to get lots of books and of course some socks. The thickest tome was the book that got the biggest thumbs up in the Spectator as book of the year. It is called Austerity Britain and is a fascinating read. Giving its length you may however just prefer to read a review of the books of the year in which I discovered itit! Over last summer a friend mentioned the enjoyment she had got from reading the letters of Mozart so they were on the list. I also got the biography of Benjamin Franklin by the same author as the Einstein biog I read when in Tacoma. I also got the new Maclaren and my journaling book.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful