Monday, February 25, 2008

Reason for God and other matters


I have been away for a few days in Cornwall which was fun. On one day, I went to Padstow and while eating my fish and chips on the quay a seagull took it upon itself to pinch my cod in batter. I confess, I find seagulls slightly unpleasant, a function of watching Hitchcock as a child. Otherwise a relaxing time of rest. My holiday reading was 'The Kite Runner' which if you have not read it yet do. It is a haunting book and if you can't be bothered to read it watch it on film. I have now started 'A thousand splendid suns' which looks equally as good.

Well, A Reason for God has arrived at last and I am 50 pages in. Keller has not disappointed so do go out and get a copy, give it to friends and if nothing else it will make you think. This is a very important book and a good answer to Dawkins and his gang who would have us believe the opposite of what this book is saying. If you are interested check out what Dawkins thinks at Ted Talks.

Also worth checking out is Everything is Spiritual by Rob Bell which is now out on DVD.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful