Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"A bit Radio 2"

Last Sunday I suggested a new song to Trevor which he liked and included on Sunday evening. It was called Giving it all by Michael Gungor (recommended by Si who leads worship in my old church). Now Trevor and I are not as young as we used to be and our service is best described as 'Evensong for the younger person', so at the end of the service I consulted Gen and Adam for an opinion on the new tune which I thought had tripped along rather well.

"A bit Radio 2" came back the answer.

Well there you go.

In contrast, here's our current Sunday evening post-service clearing away the chairs and sound music that Toby our worship intern has us listening to very loudly. The Desperation Band. Granted it is a little more up tempo.

I wonder what Isaac Watts would make of it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Radio 2 whilst wearing your favourite cardigan and check slippers.

David Cooke said...

I have a post in offing about Ehud. I hear it is your favourite story in the bible. Enjoying the slippers?

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful