Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Facing crisis

Today I was sent this on J.John's weekly email which I share as encouragement:

"Pastor Andrew Murray of South Africa once faced a particularly bad crisis. Taking himself off to his study, he sat quietly for a very long while; prayerfully and thoughtfully. Then he wrote this in his journal:



1. I am here by God's appointment; in that fact I will rest.



2. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child.



3. He will teach me the lessons He intends me to learn.



4. In His good time He can bring me out again.



God promised us two things about tough times:



1. No crisis is ever more than what we can deal with (1 Corinthians 10:13).



2. No situation is ever so bad that good can't come out of it (Romans 8:28).



Emerson once wrote: "We learn geology the morning after the earthquake".



When you personally next face a time of crisis, remember that God is JEHOVAH SHAMMAH - the Ever-Present One (Ezekiel 48:35)."

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful