Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why blog?

I have to confess that I enjoy blogging. Some may not and of course I understand that.

I have always loved discovering new things-books, music, interesting ideas and things that make me think and laugh. I have two places that I store such things. One is in my journal which I suppose is internal, the other is on my blog-the external. Sometimes, the simple process of writing something down seems to bring together an idea, a passion, a prayer or a fresh resource. More often though, for me, it is the means to share a discovery with others who may or may not be interested.

I also acknowledge that I have the gift of time. Most of my friends are so knee deep in child-care that this leaves little or no time for anything. A blog- am I mad?

But here is a request-START A BLOG IF YOU CAN- particularly if you are an English Pastor. To encourage you, I will read it even if no one else does. If anyone starts one I would be interested in what you are reading, what God is challenging you with, what Conference you have been to or church you have visited, what things you are discovering and learning and the ideas that are making you and shaping you to be more effective for the gospel.

I am an evangelist- so it's no surprise that I am an evangelist about this too!

Here is how to start one-HERE

If you do-please tell me

If you need some advice on how to get started there is an excellent post from a passionate blogger Abraham Piper on what he thinks it is all about and 12 ways you can improve things- HERE

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful