Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blown over

Last week I heard testimony of someone who invited a friend (who was not a Christian) to watch God TV and witness the things that were happening. While watching, the woman was blown off her feet as Todd did his 'Bam, Bam Bam'. I confess to not understanding at all what that is about and parked it at the time as a weird anomaly in all this. Yesterday, I heard that a friend's brother was blown off his chair in a similar manner while watching God TV. I have not yet corroborated this with my friend. It is however the second example of being flattened by TV.

1. I have no idea what that is about

2. What was an anomaly now seems to have been repeated elsewhere?

Now, here is my take for which I am grateful to Jackie Pullinger who I heard speak a few weeks ago. She was reflecting on the Toronto blessing.

"Is is not that fact the you are shaking on the floor that matters it is what you are like and what you do when you get back up. Heidi Baker was on the floor of the airport vineyard for a week but when she got up she dedicated her life to the aleviation poverty of children in Africa. That's real transformation."

If the Lord does blow you off your chair, I pray you arise with a greater passion for the gospel, a heart to serve others and a love of the poor.

I will keep you notified on any more blown away moments.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful