Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marked by Obedience

This verse from Romans is helpful on the purpose of sign and wonders:

"Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in the leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done-by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit."

Romans 15:17-19

1. Glory in Christ

2. Outworked in service to others

3. Christ should be MOST spoken of.

4. Those outside the faith are gathered in and marked by OBEDIENCE TO GOD (eis hypakoe 'with a view to obedience')

5. The purpose of the sign and wonder is OBEDIENCE

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful