Thursday, June 19, 2008

Troubled waters

It has been quite a week for the Anglican Church and the controversy of the 'gay wedding' as it was so reported in the press. There are many within the church and its leadership who see no difficulty with the actions of Rev Dudley and would will that this sort of thing happens more not less. Giles Fraser advocated this strongly on Radio 4- HERE.

I happen to disagree with him. What saddens me is that there are few voices of orthodoxy on the airwaves and little in the press offering an alternative view.

The current challenge in the meantime is for each of us to know what we think about all this and why we think it and how we should act to those who disagree with us. So rather than lots of comment, I can simply share some resources that have helped me work out a theology on all this. The most helpful book I have found is A Moral Vision of the New Testament which is my 'go to' book on most ethical issues. If you want something with more brevity I commend Andrew Goddard called Homosexuality and the Church of England. . I also think these articles are quite interesting- HERE and this is a very thoughtful piece -HERE

We must be prayerful and loving and wise as we proceed.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful