Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Great Questions for Pastors

1. How often do I get out of my office and serve somewhere in the community?

2. How often do I read my Bible other than for sermon preparation?

3. How integral is Jesus to my sermon? (How often does he appear in it? One mention? Two? Is he an illustration? A quote? Is he the point of the message? Could the same sermon be preached to Muslims if you substituted “Allah” for “God”?)

4. If someone from my church is in the hospital or dying, is it likely that I will visit them? (If it’s not likely, is it possible?)

5. What is the chief indicator of the spiritual health of my church?

(H/T Jared Wilson)

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful