Monday, October 20, 2008

Play-days


I was staying with friend's recently and over breakfast I asked their daughter what she was doing that day.

"Today, I am going on a play-day" came the beaming reply.

In a world of stressed workaholics (many of whom are in the Church) I think we may need to recover the heart of my friend's daughter.

Here's the question.

When was the last time you gave yourself a play-day?

When did you just hang out and enjoy a day with friend's, having interesting experiences and doing things that give you joy and delight. I know you have responsibilities and work to do and admin stacked up and things to plan and kids to look after and a world to save.

We all do.

But it wll keep for a day. It really will. I promise

Go on. Treat yourself

Have a play-day:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I phoned up work yesterday and told them I wasn't coming in because I wanted a 'play-day'. They said, "But you've got responsibilities and work to do and admin stacked up!"
When I got to work this morning, I found my pass wouldn't work and the doorman had a cardboard box with the contents of my desk in it.

David Cooke said...

Ah well. Now every day is a play-day!!!

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful