Thursday, December 04, 2008

Answers to hard questions

The other day I was with friends in Westminster and while waiting to meet them at the tube I bumped into one of my bible teachers from Oxford called John Lennox. He gave one of the lectures I will remember for the rest of my life on biblical interpretation using 1 Peter. He is in my view one of the keenest minds and most able apologists around.

Here he is grappling with the some of the big questions of our age:

Is God Good?

What about Dawkins and Hitchens?

What about science and the bible?

What do we do with suffering?

Well worth watching this if you want to see him at work on a variety of tricky questions.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful