Monday, November 23, 2009

The wind blows

I spent the weekend at Ashburnham with the 35 folk on our Alpha Course teaching about the Holy Spirit.

My theological cemetery Principle used to say if you are going to survive in ministry

"You have to know why you get out of bed in the morning"

Well, it is a weekend like the one I have just had that helps me see again why I do what I do.

As four of us drove home listening to the mesmeric Mumford and Sons, the lyric from 'Roll away the stone' seemed to sum it all up.

"It seems that all my bridges have been burned
But you say 'That's exactly how this grace thing works’
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
But the welcome I receive with every start"

Amazing grace.

Startled by the wonder yet again.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful