Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Now you do it

Friends at church have been enthusing about a church they visit in France. I love it when people find a church they can be enthusiastic about and hope that ours is becoming just such a church. Anyway, on Sunday they thrust a book in my hand and told me I had to read it. It is called 'Now you do it' by Brian Richardson and was given to them by their French pastor. The subtitle of the book is 'A challenge to plant new churches'.

Now I know I am prone to enthusiasms but this is a book I read in two sittings and is the best single- volume book on leadership, church, vision and planting that I have come across in some time. It is only 111 pages and it is wonderfully simply written (which is its great strength) and is also infused with the wisdom, experience and faith of its author (who has been planting churches for 40 years). 

You should read this if:

1. You are a church leader and want fresh vision of what can be 

2. You are a leader in the making with a bit of 'I just wonder if...' going on in your heart.

3. You think you are not a leader but having read this you may well discover you are. May it be so I pray.

A super, super little book.  

1 comment:

Valley of Praise said...

If you would like a copy of this book 'Now You do it!' - you can buy this book through Brian Richardson's website:
www.liberationministries.co.uk

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful