Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fulfilment

In my my August 2004 journal I wrote this down:

Elizabeth Elliot used this prayer..

'Teach us Good Lord to labour and to ask for no reward save that of knowing that we do thy will' St Ignatius of Loyola

She goes on to write 'As I learn to pray, I find that there are many more rewards that come along as fringe benefits. As we make an offering of our work, we find the truth of a principle Jesus taught: 'fulfilment is not a goal to achieve, but always the by-product of sacrifice'

I love that definition of fulfilment and have found it to be true.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful