Sunday, June 26, 2011

The first eight


This morning in our prayer meeting before our service one person was struck anew by a verse from our reading. She commented, "That verse was one of eight I was given when I came forward at Billy Graham and I committed them all to memory". Afterwards, I asked her when that was, "1954" she replied. Praise God. If you want to read of the impact of Billy Graham then the biography by John Pollock is a great read.

I was challenged anew about committing scripture to memory. How many in our churches have eight verses committed to memory? Here's how you might go about starting to get a few in your head.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful