Monday, October 15, 2012

Keller's Five Questions

These are the five questions Keller asks of a text as he reads it for himself.

1. How can I praise him?

2. How can I confess my sins on the basis of this text?

3. If this is really true, what wrong behaviour, what harmful emotions or false attitudes result in me when I forget this? Every problem is because you have forgotten something. What problems are you facing?

4. What should I be aspiring to on the basis of this text?

5. Why are you telling me this today.

Why not spend ten minutes with this passage  and give the questions a whirl and perhaps even journal them out.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful