Wednesday, April 02, 2014

All in a days work

I have been really rather poor at writing on the blog in recent months. What with church life, married life and life in general musing a few thoughts on the blog has taken a back seat. I do try and post a few link though.

The blog-o-shere and news is awash with matters Gay marriage and in a timely fashion Rev pitched in. The BBC has a primer on those who may not be in favour (like the C of E for example). Peter Ould is my go to thoughtful source on these matters.

I have been reading 'Revolution in world missions' which I am finding challenging.

The excellent and influential Anglican blogger and clergyman John Richardson has sadly died. Obit here.

Ken Costa spoke at Elevation recently which I listened to.

I have been singing loudly along to every word (especially the chorus 'You're not finished with me yet') from Song 8 on this album. Do sing and pray along with me.

I am looking forward to listening to and being encouraged by Rich Warren at this.

I am writing much more in my journal as I read this bit by bit.

I have been mulling on this quote and have written it in my journal (see what I'm doing here :)

''All God's giants have been weak men and women, who did great things for God because they reckoned on His being with them" W. Weirsbe

We are sending a team of 16 out with 'Mission direct' to Brazil  and had a little fundraising bash to support them which was jolly. See a wee film Beth made of the night here.

Alpha finishes tomorrow and then the plan is to learn how to pray.

This book looks interesting for someone who wonders what to do once they have become a Christian.

1 comment:

Jeff Noble said...

Thanks for linking my blog about "Revolution in World Missions!" It was an encouraging read for me as well.

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful