Friday, November 28, 2014

Ten things for a Friday

1. J John's coming for Christmas Carols on Dec 7th @ 10am. Invite friends. 'Found people Find people.'

2. We are going to start 2015 with a sermon series called 'Simplify' inspired by Bill Hybels newest book.

3. We are then diving into the Psalms with a bit of help from Eugene.

4. I gave a friend a book and she texted me 'I just want to says thanks for Lysa's book 'The best yes'- it blessed me and my home group hugely!!!!!'

5. I can't stop listening to the song 'Love'

6. I have been working through James MacDonald's 'Weekend features' on repentance and strongholds. A much needed listen for my, at times, hard heart and mind. This sentence lingered with me 'God sometimes lets us feel the full weight of our choices'

7. As you know, I love a books of the year list and the new biographies of Hannah More and Whitfield look interesting.

8. Mrs C tells me her Ma is being mightily blessed by the book Prayer.

9. I do enjoy a leadership book and this one looks interesting which also contains this TK quote from this set of sermons.

'My dear friends, most churches make the mistake of selecting as leaders the confident, the competent, and the successful. But what you most need in a leader is someone who has been broken by the knowledge of his or her sin, and even greater knowledge of Jesus' costly grace. The number one leaders in every church ought to be the people who repent the most fully without excuses, because you don't need any now; the most easily without bitterness; the most publicly and the most joyfully. They know their standing isn't based on their performance.'

10. Did you know Amazon prime allows you to lend and borrow books? I haven't quite yet worked out how it all works.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful