Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Organic not industrial

"Never make it more complicated than loving Jesus, loving others and telling people about Jesus."

Neil Cole

'He told them another parable: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.’
Matt 13:31-32


Twenty five years ago, as I was starting to explore faith, I joined a little group that was called 'Mustard Seed' that met in a home on the outskirts of Newcastle-upon-tyne. I remember it was run by two dear, patient, Bible-saturated Geordie teachers and they will, to this day, not have a clue that the confused, questioning, hungover buffoon who turned up each week and seemed to understand so very little went to on plant a church. I was reminded of this as I listened to Mark Batterson's talk (which I missed as I had to drive home) on that parable that he gave to New wine leaders recently and also today as I read Ian Paul's post 'What does growth look like?'on the same theme. 

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful