Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Thoughts on extra Vicars and an interesting quote

I have promised a friend I would write more 'of my own material' on the blog which I will try to do.

In the meantime, David Keen's excellent post called 'More on Extra Vicars' is worth a read by anyone with even a passing interest in the state of the C of E.

As an aside, this Jeremy Paxman quote caught my eye:

‘What interests him now more than the TV ephemera of catching out politicians are the bigger questions. “Is there a purpose?” he says. “What do things mean? What is the right way to live?” I would rather spend an evening talking about those than how to manage Vladimir Putin or reform the NHS.’
Janice Turner, Interview with Jeremy Paxman, The Times Magazine 24 September page 22

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful